Friday, June 5, 2009
Blueberry Picking
Jared and I had a little excursion to the farm to pick blueberries. Someone at the park yesterday mentioned they were going to go, so we decided to try it out. When we first got there, it was sprinkling a little. We got our containers, and went to the blueberry patches. I had never picked blueberries before, and it was fun. Jared was his usual self, and ran away often. But we managed to fill up one container of blueberries - a little over a pound. I'll have to decide what yummy treat I'll make with them. I think they taste great on their own, too. Maybe I'll go back with the older kids sometime. I think they would enjoy it, too.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
we were going to go but we skipped it because of the rain. Way to go!
Mmm, yummy blueberries! You've hit a subject close to my heart. :) I'm jealous. Ours aren't ripe up here yet. Our kids eat them up so fast there's no time to make anything out of them (unless I hide some). Last year we picked 10 pounds, which I thought was a ton, but they didn't last long at all, although I did make some yummy blueberry jam with them.
good thing you wore blue so your pics look so good!
That's funny, Heather - I did not plan our outfits to fit the outing.
Oh, how fun! I wish we had somewhere like that here!
I agree, very nice color coordination, esp. if it was on accident! I, on the other hand, always make sure to dress us all in red shirts when we go to pick strawberries, orange shirts when we pick pumpkins, etc. I hope to make it out to pick blueberries soon. Hmmm let's see, do we all have blue shirts...? I'll have to check that first!
Post a Comment