Sunday, November 23, 2008

Randomness

All four kids had dentist appointments on Friday afternoon. It seemed like a good idea at the time I made the appointment (6 months ago), but then I started to get a little bit nervous. Luckily, Dave was able to come along for back-up. The 3 big kids all went at the same time, and then Jared had his check up when there was a free chair.

Dave and I decided at the last minute to go see Twilight on Friday night. Jared was asleep, and Amber watched the other kids. We went to the 7 pm showing and the theatre was packed with teenage girls. And they screamed! Oh how they screamed! Dave and I enjoyed the show, but I wasn't CRAZY about it. It was definitely a little hokey in spots. But, it was fun just to enjoy the hype and see how they translated the book into a movie. (Book was better.)
I saw on Tammy's blog that she saw the movie - did anyone else see it? What did you think?

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Haven't seen it yet, but I want too, although I don't have high expectations of it!

dnbwilkesfamily said...

I still have yet to see it. Both Tammy and Lori said it was worth seeing, so maybe we'll go this weekend. I wish Edward was a little better looking, but I hear he plays the part well. We will miss you for Thanksgiving, but I'm sure we will see you at Christmas!

Lori said...

I liked the movie. I thought it was DEFINITELY cheesy in spots, but that's what made it funny and entertaining. I was totally cracking up in spots I probably wasn't supposed to be laughing. Yes, the book was better, and that's usually the case. I do wish they had more dialogue in the movie. Oh well.

Janika said...

The most impressive thing about this post is that Amber watched the other kids! Wow. I can't wait for that day! Massachusetts has a law that you have to be 12 to babysit. One more year and counting! We haven't seen Twilight yet, though I must admit James was much more into the books than I was. So funny.