Sunday, April 26, 2009
Mormon Helping Hands
Yesterday our family participated in our stake's "Mormon Helping Hands" Service day. Stakes all over Southern California held community service projects. Our stake's project was to plant over 300 trees for Arbor Day. The city provided the trees, and our stake did the planting. We worked in a green belt area with our ward to plant 75 trees. The kids worked with Dave to dig a hole, place the tree, and spread mulch. With so many people helping, the work went fast. I wasn't sure if I should even come, or just stay home with Jared - since it would be hard to do much to help while watching him. As you can see, I did end up coming, and it was fun to see all the people that showed up so early on a Saturday morning, willing to serve. I think it was a good experience for our kids, and they really had a fun time, and were able to do some service.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How fun that you got to do that. I wish we had more service projects here. I guess I just need to make some happen. Teach those kids how to work!!!
What a good-lookin' yellow-vested family you are. I'm sad I missed out on that, but I'm not willing to give up Ben's nap. :) And I love the scrapbook layout. You are so talented! And smart for getting pages done as you go. Well done!
Post a Comment