Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bike to the Beach

We had a really fun Enrichment Night this week. We rode our bikes down a canyon trail to the beach and had a BBQ. There were 15 women who did the bike ride, and others that joined us at the beach for the BBQ. The bike ride was so fun!! It takes about 45 minutes to get down the canyon. The trail starts out paved, then becomes a dirt trail with some rocky patches. We crossed a stream bed and got a bit wet. The weather was perfect and the scenery was beautiful. At the bottom of the trail we just rode our bikes across PCH and were on the beach. We roasted hot dogs and had corn on the cob and dessert. It was lots of fun!!
(P.S. They had a big flat bed trailer at the bottom, to drive all of our bikes back home - so we didn't have to ride back up the canyon!)




My friend, Stefanie, gave me some pictures that she took.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

What a great activity! That sounds like so much fun. The pictures of the beach are gorgeous and you look great!

KickButtMommy said...

That sounds amazing! I want to do that! I will have to bring my bike to your house sometime. But how was the ride home? Up the canyon?

Randall Jones said...

WOW....I'm glad that you could have a girls' night out and get exercise as well. Definitely a win/win!!!

We have bikes in the garage and although we walk together most mornings, we should take a bike ride for a change.

Love ya tons,
MOM

esherman10 said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Lori said...

That looks like a blast! We hiked that a lot, but I never got to bike it! When I see the ward doing stuff like that, it makes me miss it! Glad it was fun.

dnbwilkesfamily said...

I did this when I was a youth and it was so fun. I'm glad you had such a great time. We all need a night out at the beach every once in a while!!!

Janika said...

You look great on that bike, Lori! And I love that activity idea--especially since the Minuteman bike trail (as in the minutemen that fought at Lexington and Concord) runs through our ward boundaries.