Saturday, August 16, 2008

Camping Trip

We went on another camping trip. Lots of fun and lots of work. We went for 2 nights to a campsite that's across the road from the beach. We spent most of Friday at the beach and the kids had a blast! Our friend, John, brought his kayak and let everyone who wanted to go out for a ride. Dave, Ryan, Julia and I went out on the kayak on the ocean and looked at the kelp (seaweed) forests. Amber didn't want to kayak; she spent the whole time on the boogie board. Jared loved playing in the water and the sand. We camped with a bunch of families, so the kids had tons of other kids to play with. They loved it! We need to catch up on some sleep now.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

How fun! Amber especially looks like she's having the time of her life in those pictures.

KickButtMommy said...

Very fun! I want to try Kayaking. How cool.

Megan said...

Who's That Girl By Amber?


R u guy's excited for school? I start Tomorrow!!

Cynthia said...

You are fast! I don't even have my pictures onto my computer yet! That was a fun trip for sure. :)

Randall Jones said...

What a cute and LUCKY family!! Looks like everyone had a GREAT time. Thanks for sharing the pictures of yet another campout.

You deserve a medal and a rest. When does school start?? LOL

Love ya TONS, MOM

esherman10 said...

You guys have had lots of fun camping trips this summer! How fun for your kids that you live so close to the beach!

Jen and Russ Shurtz said...

You seem to always be doing something so adventurous. Biking on the beach, kayaking, etc. etc. Good for you.

Lori said...

Ok, now I'm really jealous! I wish I lived close enough to the beach I could do those weekend camping trips. So Fun!!!! And the kayaking sounds so cool. I've always wanted to try that in the ocean. Someday....